Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe world will end. The Maya of Central America believed that. They were numerous, powerful, well researched and many trust their prophecies today. The Maya said the end of the world will be significant and awesome. And that really grabbed the attention of many. The Chukchi, or L'auravetl'an, the native people of the eastern shore of the Bering Strait in the high Arctic, knew for thousands of years that there are many worlds and that many of the worlds end and that many start almost every day. They knew and didn't really care then. And still don't care today, because to them it really doesn't matter. Maybe we should listen to the Chukchi, and t the Maya? But their entire nation of L'auravetl'an is only 14 thousand reindeer herders and sea hunters lost in the frozen tundra. They are poor, mostly igred, mostly drunk and body outside of their tundra and beyond their sea cares what they kw and what they think. Except if you were born as one of them and then discovered that you are something else, and then learned that you do t belong anywhere. Then you had choice but to enter the shadow between the worlds to search for your identity. The price you paid was unbearable loneliness. Even in 21 century. But if you were born in, and lived through, the 20th century, you kw it was a supreme mess. It looked as if history itself started to smoke crack - one moment humanity was brilliant, the next it was slobbering homicidal moron. And then again. What people did to each other and to the world in the 20th century left even evil spirits bedazzled. But in the end, there is always redemption. Because the Frozen Old Ones are never wrong.
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight848 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.