All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionDiana G Armstrong picks up her story as she and her husband continue to live several months of the year in part of a converted monastery in a remote village in Umbria, Italy. It is here that she uncovers the fact that her South African father, seventy years earlier, was here too. His World War II story intermingles with her 21st century one. The windows of her Umbrian home look out across the Calanchi Valley and onto the magnificent hill-top town of Civita. So long ago, her father was right here fighting with the Allied troops against the mighty German war machine. This book of historical fiction has a broad theater: the action moves from Italy, to the tip of Africa, to the wild plains of East Africa, to the Sahara and back to Italy. Time has a way of unveiling silences and truths long hidden, and time connects past with present.
- Author BiographyDiana G Armstrong (BA, MA) was born and raised in South Africa, she now lives in Denver Colorado. She and her husband maintain a second home in Lubriano, Italy. She is also the author of Somewhere South of Tuscany - a book about restoring an ancient monastery in the greens hills of Umbria. This is the backdrop for a series of discoveries and disasters, which abound.This book is a memoir with a humorous and simpatico look at life in a small village on the border of Umbria. It is also filled with delicious easy recipes from the area as Diana is also an international food and travel writer, a cookbook author and an international cooking instructor.
- Author(s)Diana G Armstrong
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.