Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to (1) various zeta functions (for example, Riemann, Hurwitz, Barnes, Epstein, Selberg, and Ruelle), including graph zeta functions; (2) modular forms (Eisenstein series, Hecke and Dirichlet L-functions, Ramanujan's tau function, and cusp forms); and (3) vertex operator algebras (correlation functions, quasimodular forms, modular invariance, rationality, and some current research topics including higher genus conformal field theory). Various concrete applications of the material to physics are presented. These include Kaluza-Klein extra dimensional gravity, Bosonic string calculations, an abstract Cardy formula for black hole entropy, Patterson-Selberg zeta function expression of one-loop quantum field and gravity partition functions, Casimir energy calculations, atomic Schrodinger operators, Bose-Einstein condensation, heat kernel asymptotics, random matrices, quantum chaos, elliptic and theta function solutions of Einstein's equations, a soliton-black hole connection in two-dimensional gravity, and conformal field theory.
- Author BiographyDr Klaus Kirsten is a Professor of Mathematics at Baylor University. He is the author of Spectral Functions in Mathematics and Physics (2002) and more than 100 refereed articles in international journals. Floyd L. Williams is Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He has edited or authored 27 books and published 78 research papers in math and physics journals. Williams has given more than 100 invited lectures at numerous universities in America and in some 20 different countries around the world.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- Series TitleMathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFloyd L. Williams,Klaus Kirsten
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.