Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey watched their sons, their brothers, and their husbands enlist to fight a growing menace across the seas. And when their nation asked, they answered the call as well. Virginia longs to find a purpose beyond others' expectations. Helen is driven by a loneliness money can't fulfil. Rosa is desperate to flee her in-laws' rules. Jean hopes to prove herself in a man's world. Under the storm clouds of destruction that threaten America during the early 1940s, this unlikely gathering of women will experience life in sometimes starling new ways as their beliefs are challenged and they struggle toward a new understanding of what love and sacrifice truly mean.
- Author BiographyLynn Austin is a former teacher who now writes and speaks full time. She has won three Christy Awards for her historical novels Candle in the Darkness, Fire by Night, and Hidden Places. She and her husband have three children and make their home near Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)Lynn Austin
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight476 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.