All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionA collection that is intended both for the student of the complexities of nature's creations and the patron of the intricate art of wood engraving. It presents images in the form of an alphabet book. Each letter represents the abundance of the botanical world. It also includes historical tidbits about the lexicon of flowers.
- Author BiographyA member of the Society of Wood Engravers (England), Gerard Brender a Brandis has produced hundreds of drawings, wood engravings and watercolours of flowering plants, many of which were studied in his own garden. These images have appeared in books, including Wood, Ink and Paper, At Water's Edge and Portraits of Flowers (all published by The Porcupine's Quill) as well as in his own handmade editions. His work is represented in the collections of the Royal Botanical Gardens (Hamilton, Ontario), the Missouri Botanic Garden, the Arnold Arboretum and the Hunt Botanical Library. His garden and his studio are located in Stratford, Ontario.
- PrizesRunner-up for Alcuin Society Award for Excellence in Book Design in Canada: Pictoral Book 2008.
- PublisherPorcupine's Quill Inc.,Canada
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPorcupine's Quill Inc.,Canada
- Content Note28 original wood engravings
- Weight127 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Artist(s)Gerard Brender a Brandis
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.