All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom tales of chivalrous knights to the barbarity of trial by ordeal, era has been a greater source of awe, horror, and wonder than the Middle Ages. In handsomely crafted prose, and with the grace and authority of his extraordinary gift for narrative history, William Manchester leads us from a civilization tottering on the brink of collapse to the grandeur of its rebirth - the dense explosion of energy that spawned some of history's greatest poets, philosophers, painters, adventurers, and reformers, as well as some of its most spectacular villains - the Renaissance.
- Author BiographyWilliam Raymond Manchester (1922-2004) was a bestselling author, biographer, and historian, whose 18 books have been translated into over 20 languages. One of his most important books, about John F. Kennedy, <i>Death of a President</i> (BBS Publishing Corporation), won the Dag Hammarskjold International Literary Prize. Manchester also wrote major biographies on H. L. Mencken, Douglas MacArthur, and a trilogy on Winston Churchill. The last book in the Last Lion trilogy (Little, Brown) was published posthumously in November 2012. Manchester won a Guggenheim Fellowship and the National Humanities Medal, among other awards, and was adjunct professor Emeritus and writer-in-residence at Wesleyan University.
- Author(s)William Manchester
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width192 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.