All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes we just need to take a pause - to stop, breathe, and take a moment for ourselves. To be mindful. Told in rhyming verse and beautifully illustrated, A World of Pausabilities is an inviting introduction to mindfulness. Following a neighborhood on a summer day, readers will learn how to apply mindfulness to simple, everyday moments, and how days are filled with endless possibilities to take a pause. Includes a Note to Parents and Caregivers that further discusses mindfulness and ways to introduce pauses into your child's life. Age range 4-8.
- Author BiographyFrank J. Sileo, PhD, is a New Jersey licensed psychologist and the founder and executive director of The Center for Psychological Enhancement in Ridgewood, New Jersey. He received his doctorate from Fordham University in New York City. In his practice, Dr. Sileo works with children, adolescents, adults, and families. Since 2010, he has been consistently recognized as one of New Jersey's top kids' doctors. He is the author of five other children's books, Toilet Paper Flowers: A Story for Children About Crohn's Disease, Hold the Cheese Please: A Story for Children About Lactose Intolerance, Bug Bites and Campfires: A Story for Kids About Homesickness, Sally Sore Loser: A Story About Winning and Losing, and Don't Put Yourself Down in Circus Town: A Story About Self-Confidence. His books Sally Sore Loser and Don't Put Yourself Down in Circus Town are the Gold Medal recipients of the prestigious Mom's Choice Awards. Dr. Sileo speaks across the country and does author visits. Dr. Sileo has been published in psychological journals and is often quoted in newspapers, magazines, podcasts, webcasts, radio, and television. Jennifer Zivoin has always loved art and storytelling, so becoming an illustrator was a natural career path. She has been trained in media ranging from figure drawing to virtual reality, and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree with highest distinction from the honors division of Indiana University. During her professional career, Jennifer worked as a graphic designer and then as a creative director before finding her artistic niche illustrating children's books. When she is not creating art in her studio, her favorite pausabilities include drinking cocoa while reading a good book, swimming on hot summer days, and spending time outside with her family. Jennifer lives in Indiana with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Frank J. Sileo
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication28/02/2017
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jennifer Zivoin
Most relevant reviews
- shelbyfloyd13 Jul, 2017by
Lovely words, illustrations and meaning. A gorgeous boom for all ages.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.