CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $68.72Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionFor far too long we have nibbled around the edges of the public education issues and problems. This book, A Worm in the Apple: The Inside Story of Public Schools collects information from a broad spectrum of research and, most importantly, the actual class room experience of an experienced teacher. The chapters take the reader through the key elements of both the successes and failures of our schools brought on by certain aspects of our society, politics and selfishness. Few escape the spotlight exposing the causes of problems; least of all parents. The examination of parenting and its relationship to the children's preparation for school and the expectations derives from actual experience and observations as well as how the society drives parents away from the best interests of their children. Actual stories and anecdotes are written to summarize what every teacher experiences and what the net result is for the kids who actually WANT to learn something and those that don't.
- Author BiographyVern Turner enters his third career, writing. He publishes a weekly column in the River Cities Daily Tribune in Marble Falls, Texas and wrote an earlier book, self-published, entitled The Voter's Guide to National Salvation. In conjunction with Mr. Steve Love of Dallas, TX, we published An Antidote for Conservative Insanity!, also in 2011. Vern worked as an industrial engineer for over 23 years in a wide area of industries and businesses before entering his second career as a public school science teacher at age 53. His work in both careers took him across the country including a year of teaching human anatomy in a Midwest medical college. These careers were supported by obtaining an excellent education from Ohio University (Bachelor of Science in Zoology, 1965), San Diego State University (Master of Science in Biology, 1974) and the University of Southern Colorado (Teacher Education, 1995). Vern began writing seriously in high school winning essay contests in northeastern Ohio. From then on writing essays and reports became normal to his long careers in business and academia. He published scientific papers in the San Diego State University Press (Master's Thesis and scientific research), Circuits Manufacturing (electronics trade journal), Proceedings of NEPCON (electronics trade show and exhibition) and technical manufacturing monographs for electronics industry consultants. Prior to his teaching career he was invited to speak at three major trade shows around the country as well as addressing college faculty on the intricacies of dolphin anatomy. He became interested in politics, government and the law when he married his second wife who is a labor attorney and Constitutional expert. Since 1990, Vern's inquisitiveness and outspokenness expanded his political knowledge and activism every year. His travels and adventures have taken him to 42 states and 7 countries on 4 continents including scaling the largest free-standing terrestrial volcano in the world, Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. His visits to Canada, Mexico, Ecuador (Galapagos Islands), Great Britain, Italy and Egypt provided ample opportunity to view the different cultures and lifestyles around the world. He plans to visit Uganda with his spouse in 2012. Vern enjoys a semi-retired lifestyle living on a ranch in the magnificent hill country outside Austin, Texas. His hobbies and activities include gardening, landscaping, golf, chess, photography and WW II aircraft replica building.
- Author(s)Vern Turner
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.