All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it take to be an Olympic gold medalist and to coach a collegiate team to fifteen NCAA titles? In A Wrestling Life: The Inspiring Stories of Dan Gable, famed wrestler and wrestling coach Dan Gable tells engaging and inspiring stories of his childhood in Waterloo, Iowa; overcoming the murder of his sister as a teenager; his sports career from swimming as a young boy, to his earliest wrestling matches, through the 1972 Olympics; coaching at the University of Iowa from the Banachs to the Brands; life-changing friendships he made along the way; and tales of his family life off the mat. A celebration of determination, teamwork, and the persevering human spirit, A Wrestling Life captures Gable's methods and philosophies for reaching individual greatness as well as the incredible amount of fulfillment and satisfaction that comes from working as part of a team. Whether we are athletes or t, we all dream of extreme success and are all looking to make our future the best it can be, but alongthe way we will undoubtedly need time to recover and rejuvenate. Let these stories inspire you to find your strength and achievement along whatever path you take.
- Author BiographyDan Gable has been named to the USA Wrestling Hall of Fame, the United States Olympic Hall of Fame, the National Wrestling Hall of Fame, and is the namesake of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum in Waterloo, Iowa, USA. He has been named the top wrestler of the twentieth century by Gannett News Services, is listed as one of the top coaches of the twentieth century by ESPN, and is named Iowa's top sports figure in the past 100 years. In 1996, Gable was named one of the 100 Golden Olympians, an honor bestowed to the top 100 US Olympians of all time. During the 2012 Olympics, he was inducted into the FILA Hall of Fame Legends of the Sport category, becoming one of three people in the world to receive this honor. He resides in Iowa City, Iowa, with his wife Kathy. Scott Schulte is a freelance sports writer and journalist. He currently lives in Monona, Iowa, USA.
- Author(s)Dan Gable
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Content Note28 black & white photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.