All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on years of prestigious academic work, Professor Rosalie David cleverly presents every aspect of life in ancient Egypt through the lives of various characters, all based on mummies from the Manchester Museum whom Professor Rosalie David has led the study of. Characters hail from all walks of life, including royalty, bles, officials, craftsmen and peasants, allowing us an insight into absolutely every aspect of everyday, ritual and religious life in ancient Egypt. The book provides an overview of the many dynasties and kingdoms of ancient Egypt before beginning to tell the story of the lives of one family. All three seasons of inundation, planting and growing, and harvesting are covered as well as all ritual and religious events, including birth and death. The book is extremely easy to read and digest, however, the attention to detail and the vivid picture of life which we are able to build makes it clear that this book has been written by one of the leading authorities in Egyptology and mummy research. The mummies are currently on a tour of the US titled 'Mummies of the World 2' and will return to Manchester following this tour.
- Author BiographyRosalie David is Emeritus Professor of Egyptology at The University of Manchester; she formerly held posts as Director of the KNH Centre for Biomedical Egyptology at the University, and Keeper of Egyptology at The Manchester Museum. The focus of her career has been the establishment of a new university specialisation - biomedical research within the field of Egyptology - to provide a different approach to understanding the civilisation of ancient Egypt. She has lectured at universities in many countries and on Nile and Mediterranean cruises. She is the author of over 30 books and many articles in peer-reviewed journals, and has been consultant and contributor to several television documentaries.
- Author(s)Ann Rosalie David
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note80 Illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.