All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionPlanning a birding trip to Extremadura? Then you need this book. Extremadura in Central Spain is one of the best birding destinations in Europe. Home to a wealth of bird species, including the Iberian endemics of Azure-winged Magpie and Spanish Imperial Eagle, it is a t to be missed birding destination. Unlike other bird guides, this book focuses on when to see the species that you want to see, be they wintering Common Crane, early spring Great Spotted Cuckoo, late summer White-rumped Swift or passing Osprey. Part 1 of the book goes through each month in turn, detailing the species that are present, arriving and departing, as well as suggesting the habitats to visit and the extra special birds to look out for. Excerpts from the author's own diaries give a flavour of the birding to be had each month. Part 2 looks at the different habitats, recommends the best birding areas and details some of the star species to be found in this wonderful region. Ian Parsons is a wildlife writer and bird tour guide. He runs Griffon Holidays, specialising in bird tours to Extremadura.
- Author BiographyIan Parsons spent twenty years working as a conservation ranger in England. He now writes wildlife and other articles for various magazines as well as running Griffon Holidays, a specialised bird tour company leading holidays in Extremadura, Spain. This is his third book, he is also the author of 'A Birding Miscellany' and 'A Journey Through A Birder's Thoughts'.
- Author(s)Ian Parsons
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.