All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- Description'A Young Muslim's Guide to the Modern World', by one of Islam's greatest contemporary scholars, was written specifically for Muslims, and in particular young Muslims, urging them to become familiar with their religion and to gain an understanding of the modern world from the Islamic point of view in order to respond positively to its challenges. This guide, the first of its kind in any language, presents an exposition of the teachings of Islam as revealed in the Qur'an, explained in the 'hadith' and 'Sunna' of the Prophet and commented upon by Muslim scholars and thinkers, as well as outlining the Western religious and intellectual tradition.
- Author BiographySeyyed Hossein Nasr was born in Tehran to a family of traditional scholars and physicians. After receiving his early education in Iran he went to America where he studied physics , and the history of science and philosophy at M.I.T. and Harvard, where he received his doctorate. Nasr was Professor at Tehran University and founder and first President of the Iranian Academy of Philosophy. He is currently Professor of Islamic Studies at George Washington University and author of numerous books including: 'Islam and the Plight of Modern Man', 'Ideals and Realities of Islam' and 'Science & Civilization' in Islam, all published by the Islamic Texts Society.
- Author(s)Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Content Noteindex
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.