All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features every smocking stitch, clearly explained for beginners, but also has inspiring examples and new or little-kwn techniques to appeal to experienced smockers. It shows how to work the stitches, read graphs, and select colours, fabric and threads. It teaches how to pleat and block a garment, gives advice on different techniques such as ribbon weaving, counterchange, template and freeform smocking and much more. It is bursting with hints, ideas and inspirational photographs. There is full advice on the fabric, needles and thread needed and a glossary of smocking terms. Interspersed throughout the book there are helpful hints for all the stitches and techniques, and beautiful photographs of smocked garments to inspire the reader to pick up a needle.
- Author BiographyCompiled by the expert team at Country Bumpkin, renowned Australian publishers of embroidery books and magazines.
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleA-Z of Needlecraft
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width210 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.