All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $7.84Trending at AU $8.30
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $30.97
About this product
- DescriptionPopular illustrator Per-Henrik Gurth has created a playful alphabet book to showcase all the highlights and wonders in the city of Toronto. Each letter gets its own page (or two pages) and features an illustration and an explanatory sentence about a different Toronto attraction or activity. Both a capital and a lowercase letter begin the sentence, and the featured word for that page also begins with a capital letter to set it off. There are things to see: ?Dd is for Disaur, stretching out at the Royal Ontario Museum.? There are things to do: ?Pp is for Picnic, at Trinity Bellwoods Park.? And there are iconic experiences: ?Mm is for Maple Leafs --- go team!? <br/><br/>Canadian animal characters (bears, moose, foxes and the like), familiar to readers of the other titles in Gurth's popular Canada Concept Books series, are the ones doing the touring in the book. Gurth's illustration style is friendly and inviting to the youngest children, using bold outlines and bright colors that really pop. The simple drawings provide helpful connections to the vocabulary words for pre-readers being introduced to the alphabet. This book would work perfectly for teaching young children (residents or visitors) about the sights in Toronto, and could also be used as part of a social studies lesson on Canada or on cities in general. With so much going on in the artwork, it makes for a fun, interactive read with small children as well.
- Author BiographyPer-Henrik Gurth is a graphic designer and illustrator of more than a dozen children's books, including the bestselling titles Canada 123 and ABC of Canada. He lives in Kingston, Ontario.Per-Henrik Gurth is a graphic designer and illustrator of more than a dozen children's books, including the bestselling titles Canada 123 and ABC of Canada. He lives in Kingston, Ontario.
- Author(s)Per-Henrik Gurth
- PublisherKids Can Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Weight318 g
- Width218 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Per-Henrik Gurth
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.