All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with ADHD often struggle with time management, staying organized, maintaining relationships, and other life skills. Professional coaching can help them overcome these obstacles and regain confidence in their own problem-solving abilities. This book is an A-Z guide for mental health professionals who want to develop or expand their ADHD Coaching skills. Drawing on over a decade of research and clinical work with ADHD clients, Frances Prevatt and Abigail Levrini have established an empirically-based model for ADHD Coaching. Their approach uses elements of cognitive behavioral theory and psycho-education to target executive functioning deficits, and focuses on clients' key impairments.This book describes the underlying principles as well as the nuts and bolts of ADHD Coaching. Step-by-step details for gathering information, conducting the intake, establishing goals and objectives, and working through all stages of coaching are included, along with helpful forms and a detailed list of additional resources. The practicalities of setting up a practice, as well as professional issues are covered, and five richly detailed case studies illustrate how to help adults, college students, and adolescents who present with a variety of ADHD symptoms.
- Author BiographyFrances Prevatt, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems at Florida State University. She is also executive director of the Adult Learning Evaluation Center (ALEC), where thousands of college students have been evaluated and treated for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and learning disabilities. She is the author of two previous books and more than 75 publications in the field of educational psychology. She coauthored (with Abigail Levrini) the best-selling book, Succeeding With Adult ADHD: Daily Strategies to Help You Achieve Your Goals and Manage Your Life (American Psychological Association, 2012), as well as a video on treating adults using ADHD Coaching (American Psychological Association, 2013). Abigail Levrini, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and owner of Psych Ed Coaches, a private practice specializing in in-person and remote attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) coaching for individuals and families. She has published several scientific articles on ADHD (including her 2008 dissertation, ADHD Coaching and College Students, under her unmarried name Reaser ) and presented her coaching model in professional settings throughout the country. She is a sought-after expert on the subject of ADHD, having been interviewed for articles on popular websites such as WebMD and Psych Central, and she has conducted numerous ADHD-based webcasts and workshops for major companies and associations. Dr. Levrini is also coauthor (with Frances Prevatt) of the best-selling book Succeeding With Adult ADHD: Daily Strategies to Help You Achieve Your Goals and Manage Your Life (American Psychological Association, 2012).
- Author(s)Abigail Levrini,Frances F. Prevatt
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.