Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the phemen of ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is well described in children, it is w thought that in up to 60% of cases the symptoms persist into adulthood. This volume reviews our growing kwledge of adult ADHD and presents a transatlantic perspective on the identification, assessment and treatment of the disorder. The introductory section covers the history of ADHD, as well as the epidemiology, consequences, gender differences and legal aspects. Detailed descriptions of the clinical features of ADHD in adults are then given to enhance the reader's clinical recognition and assessment. Subsequent sections cover treatment strategies, emphasising pharmacological, psychological and social interventions. Written and edited by experts internationally rewned for their work in ADHD, this is an essential resource for all mental health workers who encounter adults presenting with neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Author BiographyJan Buitelaar is Professor of Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Cornelis C. Kan is an adult psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry of the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Philip Asherson is Professor of Molecular Psychiatry at the MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry (SGDP) Centre at the Institute of Psychiatry (Kings College London, UK) and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Adult ADHD Clinic, London, UK.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 10 tables
- Weight790 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCornelis C. Kan,Jan K. Buitelaar,Philip Asherson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.