Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrom leading ADHD authority Dr. Russell A. Barkley, this instructive program integrates information about ADHD with the experiences of adults from different walks of life who suffer from the disorder. Including interviews with these individuals, their family members, and the clinicians who treat them, the program addresses such important topics as the symptoms and behaviors that are characteristic of the disorder, how adult ADHD differs from the childhood form, the effects of ADHD on the family, and successful coping strategies. Approaches to adult diagsis and treatment are explained in detail. Dr. Barkley also describes his invative theory of ADHD, which offers insights into why people with the disorder have so much difficulty making adjustments in their lives. The accompanying manual serves as a quick-reference guide to the material presented and includes suggested reading lists for professionals and consumers.
- Author BiographyRussell A. Barkley, PhD, is Research Professor of Psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, USA. Dr. Barkley has published numerous books, more than 200 scientific articles and book chapters, and 7 videos on Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and related disorders, including childhood defiance. He is also the editor of the newsletter The ADHD Report. A frequent conference presenter and speaker who is widely cited in the national media, he is past president of the Section on Clinical Child Psychology, Division 12 of the American Psychological Association, and of the International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology.
- Author(s)Russell A. Barkley
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication07/12/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight134 g
- Width138 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPAL
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.