All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unparalleled architectural powerhouse, Chicago offers visitors and natives alike a parama of styles and forms. The third edition of the AIA Guide to Chicago brings readers up to date on ten years of dynamic changes with new entries on smaller projects as well as showcases like the Aqua building, Trump Tower, and Millennium Park. Four hundred photos and thirty-four specially commissioned maps make it easy to find each of the one thousand-plus featured buildings, while a comprehensive index organizes buildings by name and architect. This edition also features an introduction providing an indispensable overview of Chicago's architectural history.
- Author BiographyAlice Sinkevitch is former executive director of the Chicago chapter of the American Institute of Architects. Laurie McGovern Petersen is a writer for Chicago Architect magazine. Geoffrey Baer is the host of WTTW-TV's popular television specials about Chicago architecture and history. Perry Duis is professor emeritus of history at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the author of Challenging Chicago.
- Author(s)American Institute of Architects Chicago
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note458 black and white photographs, 34 maps, 1 chart, 1 table
- Weight676 g
- Width127 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlice Sinkevitch,Laurie McGovern Petersen
- Introduction byPerry Duis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.