All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe AJCC Cancer Staging Manual is used by physicians and health care professionals throughout the world to facilitate the uniform description and reporting of neoplastic diseases. Proper classification and staging of cancer is essential for the physician to assign proper treatment, evaluate results of management and clinical trials, and to serve as the standard for local, regional and international reporting on cancer incidence and outcome. Significantly expanded and developed by international disease site expert panels, the Eighth Edition AJCC Cancer Staging Manual brings together all the currently available kwledge on staging of cancer at various anatomic sites. In this edition, evidence-based TNM staging is supplemented, as appropriate, by selected molecular markers and newly acquired insights into the molecular underpinnings of cancer. This edition features 12 entirely new staging systems, a wide range of changed or new staging definitions, and a refined emphasis on a personalized-medicine approach. To enhance the print and electronic usability of the cancer staging forms, they are w available exclusively for access and downloading at www.cancerstaging.org. The Eighth Edition AJCC Cancer Staging Manual remains the gold standard reference for oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, cancer registrars and medical professionals world-wide to ensure that all those caring for cancer patients are fully versed in the language of cancer staging.
- Author BiographyThe American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) was established in 1959 to formulate and publish systems of classification of cancer, including staging and end-results reporting, that will be acceptable to and used by the medical profession for selecting the most effective treatment, determining prognosis, and continuing evaluation of cancer control measures. The AJCC is composed of 18 member organizations, and its activities are administered by the Chicago-based American College of Surgeons.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note325 black & white illustrations, 187 colour illustrations, 163 colour tables, biography
- Weight2585 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byCarolyn C. Compton,David R. Byrd,Frederick L. Greene,Jeffrey Evan Gershenwald,Kenneth R. Hess,Lauri E. Gaspar,Mahul B. Amin,Mary Kay Washington,Richard L. Schilsky,Stephen Edge
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.