All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover fifty of the best day hikes the state of Connecticut has to offer with this fully updated, four-season guide from the outdoor experts at the Appalachian Mountain Club. Whether you are a visitor looking to explore the tallest peak in the state, a longtime resident seeking new riverside or shoreline adventures, or a family seeking short hikes along the Appalachian Trail, this guide is a must-have reference. This new edition features updated maps, an at-a-glance chart that highlights the best hikes for kids, dogs, and winter swshoeing and skiing, completely revised and updated trip descriptions, and ten fascinating nature and history essays.
- Author BiographyRene Laubach is the director of the Massachusetts Audubon Society's wildlife sanctuaries, where he has led tours to Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, the American Southwest, the Great Plains, and the Mid-Atlantic states. He is the author of six natural history books, as well as Nature Walks in Connecticut and AMC's Best Day Hikes in the Berkshires. He lives in Becket, Massachusetts. Charles Smith is an award-winning writer raised in Cheshire, Connecticut, where he learned to love the outdoors. Smith attended the University of Connecticut and earned his degree in environmental horticulture. He has authored or co-authored eleven books and many articles on natural history, outdoor recreation, and gardening. Smith has lectured at the American Museum of Natural History, and was named conservationist of the year by the Housatonic Valley Association. He lives in Sharon, Connecticut, with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Charles W G Smith,Rene Laubach
- PublisherAppalachian Mountain Club
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAppalachian Mountain Club
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.