ANAC's Core Curriculum for HIV/AIDs Nursing by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by nurses for nurses, this thoroughly revised edition of ANAC's Core Curriculum for HIV/AIDS Nursing highlights the extraordinary improvements in clinical and symptom management in HIV/AIDS over the last 10 years. Containing t only the essential information that every practitioner needs to kw (such as taking a medical and social history, physical examination, symptomatic conditions and management, HIV testing, and laboratory and diagstic evaluation), ANAC's Core Curriculum also covers specialized nursing information such as case management, ethical and legal concerns, infection control, and patient education. Essential for those new to HIV/AIDS care as well as a refresher for those with years of experience in infectious diseases, ANAC's Core Curriculum is a concise, but thorough reference for clinical, symptomatic, and psychosocial management of adults, adolescents, children, and infants at different stages of HIV/AIDS.
- Author BiographyCarl Kirton, MA, RN, APRN, BC Carl Kirton received his undergraduate degree in nursing at Lehman College, NYC and holds a graduate degree in nursing education and a post-master's certificate in advanced practice nursing from New York University, NYC. Mr. Kirton began his nursing career as a critical care nurse and progressed to the critical care nurse manager at New York University Medical Center. He began his advanced practice career in 1996 and has held a variety of position in substance abuse, internal medicine, cardiology, and HIV. Mr. Kirton joined the nursing faculty at New York University in 1993 and has taught in both the undergraduate and graduate programs in nursing. During his tenure at NYU he was promoted to clinical associate professor and coordinator of the acute care advanced practice program. While on faculty at NYU he maintained a joint appointment to the advanced practice staff at Mount Sinai Medical Center and Hospital in the AIDS Center. Today, he is a nurse practitioner and the clinical manager of the AIDS Center at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He continues to teach in the advanced practice program at NYU as part of its adjunct faculty. Mr. Kirton is the author of Handbook of HIV/AIDS Nursing and has authored or co-authored over 30 publications. He has held a variety of leadership positions in the professional nursing community, notably, President of the Greater New York Chapter of the Association of Nurses of AIDS Care, and the Board of Directors of the National Association or Nurses in AIDS. In 2001 he was awarded the President's award from the National Association of Nurses in AIDS Care for exceptional leadership in accomplishing committee work and dedication to the mission and goals of the association.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCarl Kirton
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.