All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUp-to-date analysis methodologies and practical mitigation for a major electrical safety concern Arc Flash Hazard Analysis and Mitigation is the first book to focus specifically on arc flash hazards and provide the latest methodologies for its analysis as well as practical mitigation techniques. Consisting of sixteen chapters, this fully up-to-date handbook covers all aspects of arc flash hazard calculations and mitigation. It addresses the calculations of short circuits, protective relaying, and varied electrical systems configurations in electrical power systems. It also examines protection systems, including differential relays, arc flash sensing relays, protective relaying coordination, current transformer operation and saturation, and applications to major electrical equipment from the arc flash point of view. Current techlogies and strategies for arc flash mitigation are explored. Using the methodology, analysis, and preventive measures discussed in the book, the arc flash hazard incident energy can be reduced to 8 cal/cm2 or less for the new and existing electrical distribution systems. This powerful resource: * Features the most up-to-date arc flash analysis methodologies * Presents arc flash hazard calculations in dc systems * Supplies practical examples and case studies * Provides end-of-chapter reviews and questions * Includes a Foreword written by Lanny Floyd, a world-rewned leader in electrical safety who is DuPont's Principal Consultant on Electrical Safety and Techlogy Arc Flash Hazard Analysis and Mitigation is a must-have guide for electrical engineers engaged in design, operation, and maintenance, consulting engineers, facility managers, and safety professionals.
- Author BiographyJ. C. Das is a Staff Consultant on Electrical Power Systems with AMEC Inc., in Tucker, Georgia. He is Life Fellow of IEEE (UK), Fellow of IET (India), and has authored approximately sixty technical papers and published 190 study reports of real-world power systems. He is the author of two other books, Power System Analysis: Short-Circuit Load Flow and Harmonics, Second Edition, and Transients in Electrical Systems: Analysis, Recognition, and Mitigation. He is a registered P.E. in the states of Georgia and Oklahoma, C.Eng. in UK, and Eur Ing in Europe. J. C. Das is also a member of CIGRE, Federation of European Engineers, and other technical associations and organizations.
- Author(s)J. C. Das
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Power Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine39 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.