All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for sixth form and college students, AS Law covers the content of AS Law for AQA and OCR students in a lively and reader-friendly style. Topics are broken down into manageable parts, with clear headings and are illustrated throughout with photographs, diagrams, boxes and illustrations. Each chapter includes: * an introduction outlining learning objectives relating to the subject specifications *'developing the subject' sections explaining a particularly important or difficult point in more detail, designed to challenge more able students * a list of useful websites enabling students to access primary law materials intended to support chapter-by-chapter reading *'it's a fact!' sections highlighting interesting and contemporary applications of the legal principle under discussion * dedicated sections providing detailed examination of key cases, within the context of the chapter discussion * hints and tips for revision topics and strategies helping students to prepare for the types of questions that are most likely to come up in exams. The book contains a wealth of opportunities to test and apply kwledge, with revision quizzes, quick tests and sample questions and answers within each chapter and there are additional opportunities for self-testing and revision available via the Companion Website. This third edition has been revised and updated to take into account the new 2008 AQA specifications and contains a new chapter on contract liabilities, as well as expanded material on sentencing and court procedures. It also addresses recent legal developments such as the establishment of the Ministry of Justice, changes in the legal profession and the constitution, and the reform of the House of Lords. AS Law provides a stimulating and exciting approach to the subject, profiling famous legal figures and examining law in films, fiction, n-fiction and on the internet whilst offering comprehensive coverage of the AQA and OCR subject specifications fulfilling all syllabus requirements.
- Author BiographyAndrew Mitchell, LLB, PGCE, started his career as a Lecturer in Law and Business at De Montfort University (Lincoln) and now teaches AS and A2 Law at Kingsbury High School.
- Author(s)Andrew Mitchell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 63 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight1065 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.