All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn these times of change and challenge in higher education, pleas for leadership have become frequent. However, the type of leadership required within this new context (of globalization, demographic changes, techlogical advancement, and questioning of social authority) may call for different skills, requiring a re-education among campus stakeholders if they want to be successful leaders. In the past twenty years, there has been a revolution in the way that leadership is conceptualized across most fields and disciplines. Leadership has moved away from being leader-centered, individualistic, hierarchical, focused on universal characteristics, and emphasizing power over followers. Instead, a new vision has emerged: leadership that is process-centered, collective, context-bound, n-hierarchical, and focused on mutual power and influence processes. This volume summarizes research and literature about new conceptualizations of leadership to inform practice. This is volume 31, number 6, of the ASHE Higher Education Report, a bi-monthly journal published by Jossey-Bass. See our entire list of ASHE Higher Education Report titles for a wide variety of critical issues facing Higher Education today.
- Author(s)Adrianna J. Kezar,Melissa Contreras-McGavin,Rozana Carducci
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJ-B ASHE Higher Education Report Series (AEHE)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 31, No. 6
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.