All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book details how safety (i.e. the absence of unacceptable risks) is ensured in areas where potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX) can arise. The book also offers readers essential information on how to comply with the newest (April 2016) EU legislation when the presence of ATEX cant be avoided. By presenting general guidance on issues arising out of the EU ATEX legislation - especially on zone classification, explosion risk assessment, equipment categorization, Ex-marking and related technical/chemical aspects - the book provides equipment manufacturers, responsible employers, and others with the essential kwledge they need to be able to understand the different - and often complicated - aspects of ATEX and to implement the necessary safety precautions. As such, it represents a valuable resource for all those concerned with maintaining high levels of safety in ATEX environments.
- Author BiographyTorben Jespen received his Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and holds a Bachelor's degree in International Trade from Copenhagen Business School (CBS). He spent 5 years as an Assistant Professor at the DTU's Institute of Chemical Industry - teaching chemical process and reaction engineering - and 25 years in different positions at the Confederation of Danish Employers, where he provided assistance to Member Organizations and Companies concerning occupational health and safety matters, especially with aspects related to EU legislation. Torben has over 9 years' experience as a Technical Adviser at a globally operating Danish engineering company and industrial plant equipment supplier company, and in the course of his 20 years as an advisory expert to the European Commission regarding Product and Workplace health and safety legislation, he served as the chairman of several advisory groups. He has also held the vice-chair and employer spokesperson positions at the European Agency on Occupational Safety and Health (European OSHA) in Bilbao, Spain, and has been actively involved in several ILO activities, including the elaboration of Conventions, Recommendations and Guidelines, such as those on occupational safety and health management systems .
- Author(s)Torben Jespen
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.