All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionATM Network Performance describes a unified approach to ATM network management. The focus is on satisfying quality-of-service requirements for individual B-ISDN connections. For an ATM network of output-buffer switches, the author describes how the basic network resources (switch buffer memory and link transmission bandwidth) should be allocated to achieve the required quality-of-service connections. The performance of proposed bandwidth scheduling policies is evaluated. Both single de and end-to-end performance results are given. In particular, these results are applied to resource provisioning problems for prerecorded (stored) video and video teleconferencing. The flow control problem for available bit rate traffic is also described. This book is intended for a one-term course in performance of Broadband Integrated-Services Digital Networks (B-ISDNs) based on a type of packet-switched communication network called Asynchrous Transfer Mode (ATM). The level of presentation is at the first year of graduate studies and for professionals working in the field, but it may be accessible to senior undergraduates as well. Some familiarity with ATM standards is assumed as such standards are only briefly outlined. All of the required background in discrete-time queueing theory is supplied. Exercises are given at the end of chapters. Solutions and/or hints to selected exercises are given in an Appendix.
- Author(s)George Kesidis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/01/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.