Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach by V. Mark Durand, David Barlow (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY: AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH, Seventh Edition, is the perfect book to help you succeed in your abrmal psychology course! Authors Barlow and Durand show you how psychological disorders are rooted in multiple factors: biological, psychological, cultural, social, familial, and even political. You can test your understanding of topics with the text's built-in concept checks and chapter quizzes.
- Author BiographyDavid H. Barlow is an internationally recognized expert and leader in clinical psychology, having pioneered many treatments and investigations in anxiety and mood disorders. Currently Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Psychiatry at Boston University, Dr. Barlow is also founder and Director Emeritus of the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, one of the largest research clinics of its kind in the world. Previously, he was Distinguished Professor at State University of New York at Albany. From 1975 to 1979, he was Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at Brown University, where he also founded the clinical psychology internship program. From 1969 to 1975, he was Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he founded the Medical School psychology residency program. Dr. Barlow received his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame, his M.A. from Boston College, and his Ph.D. from the University of Vermont. He is the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement award from the American Psychological Association as well as the James McKeen Cattell Fellow Award from the Association for Psychological Science, which honors individuals for their lifetime of significant intellectual achievements in applied psychological research. V. Mark Durand is known worldwide as an authority in the area of autism spectrum disorders. He is a Professor of Psychology at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, where he was the founding Dean of Arts and Sciences and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Dr. Durand is a fellow of the American Psychological Association and has received over $4 million in federal funding to study the behavior problems in children with disabilities. Previously he served in a variety of leadership positions at the University at Albany, including founder of the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities. He received his B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. (all in psychology) at the State University of New York (SUNY) Stony Brook. Dr. Durand received the University Award for Excellence in Teaching at SUNY Albany in 1991, and the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg in 2007. Currently a member of the Professional Advisory Board for the Autism Society of America, he is the co-editor of the Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions and has written 10 books as well as over 100 publications on functional communication, educational programming, and behavior therapy. Dr. Durand developed a unique treatment for severe behavior problems that is used worldwide. Most recently he developed an innovative approach (Optimistic Parenting) to help families work with their challenging children. He was named a 2014 Princeton Lecture Series Fellow and received the 2015 Jacobson Award for Critical Thinking from the American Psychological Association for his body of work in the field of autism spectrum disorder.
- Author(s)David Barlow,V. Mark Durand
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1770 g
- Width236 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.