Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionExploring a variety of topics - including health, politics, education, art, literature, media, and film - Aboriginal Canada Revisited draws a portrait of the current political and cultural position of Canada's Aboriginal people. While lauding improvements made in the past decades, the contributors draw attention to the systemic problems that continue to marginalize Aboriginal people within Canadian society. From the Introduction: '[This collection helps] to highlight areas where the colonial legacy still takes its toll, to ackwledge the manifold ways of Aboriginal cultural expression, and to demonstrate where Aboriginal and n-Aboriginal people are starting to find common ground'. Contributors include Aboriginal and n-Aboriginal scholars from Europe and Canada, including Marlene Atleo, University of Manitoba; Mansell Griffin, Nisga'a Village of Gitwinksihlkw, British Columbia; Robert Harding, University College of the Fraser Valley; Tricia Logan, University of Manitoba; Steffi Retzlaff, McMaster University; Siobhan Smith, University of British Columbia; and, Barbara Walberg, Confederation College.
- Author BiographyKerstin Knopf is assistant professor at the Institute of British and North American Studies of the University of Greifswald, Germany.
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Canadian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight693 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKerstin Knopf
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.