All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Aimed at three main constituencies - Aboriginal and n-Aboriginal social scientists, government and Aboriginal policymakers, and Aboriginal communities - the book has multiple purposes. First, it presents findings from recent research, with the goal of advancing research agenda, and stimulating positive social development. Second, it encourages greater links between the social scientific and external research communities and demonstrates the kind of research needed as a foundation for public policy. Finally, it acts as a guide to research methods for Aboriginal communities and organizations, and promotes cooperation between researchers and Aboriginal peoples in an effort to ensure that research decisions serve both groups equally. A vital addition to public policy and Native studies, Aboriginal Conditions will be welcomed by social scientists, policymakers, and academics working in these fields.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Jerry White is Chair of the Sociology Department at the University of Western Ontario. Paul Maxim is Associate Dean (Research) at the University of Western Ontario, and Dan Beavon is Director of the Strategic Research and Analysis Directorate, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note43fig.43tabs.
- Weight422 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDan Beavon,Jerry P. White,Paul S. Maxim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.