Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn brief, concise chapters, this volume considers the status of abortion in Europe today. Each chapter provides an overview of abortion in the subject country, including the historical background; the current legal, medical, and social situation; and the political forces for and against abortion. In an introductory chapter, the editors consider the issues pertaining to abortion in the aftermath of the Cold War. The volume then includes chapters on Austria, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, the Czech and Slovak Republics, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the former Soviet Union. Each chapter was written by an authority of the country, and the contributors were asked to answer a specific set of questions concerning the law in the subject country, abortion in practice, the politics of abortion, and the future. The approach makes the book a valuable tool for comparative analysis.
- Author BiographyBILL ROLSTON is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Ulster./e He has written extensively on politics and society in Northern Ireland. ANNA EGGERT is a teacher by profession and now works with unemployed adults. She is the coauthor of several works on the issue of abortion.
- Author(s)Anna Eggert,Bill Rolston
- Date of Publication30/09/1994
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight661 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.