Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionAbove an Angry Sea chronicles USN B-24 Liberator (PB4Y-1) and PB4Y-2 Privateer operations in the Pacific. The author's previous book, We Flew Alone, discussed the Navy's use of the B-24 Liberator from February 1943 to September 1944. He w examines in dramatic detail the use of the B-24 and PB4Y-2 during the last eleven months of the war against Japan. The author has collected personal stories, over 200 photographs, a tabulation of all aerial kills credited to PB4Y patrol plane commanders, a roster of all personnel killed in action or in the line of duty, individual squadron records, and a list of all kwn B-24 Liberators and PB4Y-2 Privateers assigned to the Pacific between 1943 and 1945.
- Author BiographyAlan C. Carey is an American historian and author specializing in military aviation topics. His interest in military aviation stems from his father's service in World War II who was the inspiration for his first book. Carey graduated from Southwest Texas State University with a Master's Degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and Political Science.He currently resides in Round Rock, TX.
- Author(s)Alan C. Carey
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/10/2014
- Content Note200ill.(some col.).
- Weight780 g
- Width213 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.