Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Abraham Lincoln, Democrat Sixty years after the inauguration of Abraham Lincoln as the President of the United States, England welcomed him into the Valhalla of her great statesmen. His statue was placed upon the most historic spot in English history, looking upon the walls of the ancient Abbey Church and standing over against the Hall of Westminster. He seems to have slipped quietly, almost ubserved, into that sacred place, as if by some natural right. For that little plot of ground is the stage upon which, for a thousand years, was played the drama of individual liberty. There, shackles were broken, wrongs were righted, privileges wrung from despotic hands. Lincoln belongs to the heroic band of adventurers in the cause of freedom. He is of the succession, and alien, in that goodly company. He too was cast for a leading part in the great drama, though the stage upon which he played was across the sea, whither Englishmen had carried the glowing passion of their race. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Frank Ilsley Paradise
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.