Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- Description<p>Abstract art has a stunning presence in New Mexico. As a premier international art hub, the state is rewned for its artistic diversity, creative excitement, and cosmopolitan ambiance. The most sophisticated art lovers and collectors come from all over the world to experience the galleries and museums that exhibit abstract art. <p>Today's creativity is built on centuries of Pueblo Indian design and Territorial Spanish elegance. More than a hundred years ago, prominent artists from the East Coast discovered the area and brought their energies to the task of founding the storied art colonies of Taos and Santa Fe. The light and the striking landscape proved fertile ground for invative ideas and bold experimentation, then and w. <p> Abstract Art presents a thoughtful sampling of the range and sheer variety of abstract art being produced in New Mexico today. Over 200 full color images reflect the vigor and originality of artists whose work compares favorably with that being produced in major metropolitan art centers. Stuart Ashman's essay covers the development of modern art in the state. He also selected the artists to appear, such as Eugene Newmann, Janet Lippincott, Kevin Tolman, Sally Anderson, Richard Hogan, Alan Paine Radebaugh, and Pascal. These artists are presented individually in profiles by Suzanne Deats.
- PublisherFresco Fine Art Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFresco Fine Art Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width239 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.