Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionTrue to its title, the exhibition Abstract Resistance considers the metaphor of resistance as a complex political and compositional force defining art of the past half-century. Starting with Michel Foucault's assertion that where there is power, there is resistance, it explores art made since World War II that has been shaped by traumatic historical events in complex ways. Rather than creating an explicit art of social protest, artists have responded to violence and upheaval with a type of art that rejects comforting moral certainties. Such art is resistant to interpretation; it withholds information, it tends to evade identification, and certainly it protests interrogation.
- Author(s)Yasmil Raymond
- PublisherWalker Art Centre,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalker Art Centre,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight156 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.