All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionHelene Cixous has dreamed for years of The Book-I-Don't-Write, but each time she approaches it, it withdraws. The-Book-I-Don't-Write is always just out of reach. When Jacques Derrida told her the Book would get written one day, but differently, Cixous tells us she would see it shining behind a veil, its indecipherable back, upright on heaven's bookshelf, its elegant silhouette, utterly foreign, utterly familiar, of future revenant. I've always thought it would come, naturally. When? After all my deaths? Just before, or just after, the last of my deaths. One day, when she is longer expecting it, the Book turns up: Quickly, without taking my eyes off it, I copied it down, staying scrupulously close to its tations, its rhythms, its moments of silence. I found it. Just as you see it. She calls it Los, meaning loose, detached in German, her mother's tongue. Or Los like Carlos, the Latin American friend whose unexpected death in May 2014 takes her back to a life they shared and a time the Book will reconstitute in the present, abolishing time: Suddenly, that morning, I saw the universe of The-Book-I-Don't-Write: it is an infinity of presents. Los, A Chapter is a marvelous exploration of time and relationships. It reimagines scenes from Paris in the late sixties: its cafes, its debates, its political turmoil. Both playful and serious, it is a book in a long line of vels from Balzac to Proust that create worlds both philosophical and concrete. In Los a lost time is regained.
- Author BiographyHelene Cixous is one of the world's leading feminist writers. She is the founder and former director of the Centre de Recherches en Etudes Feminines at Paris VIII University.
- Author(s)Helene Cixous
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2016
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight308 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.