All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbukacha finally throws away his worn out shoes and gets himself a new pair. But the old shoes, somehow, keep finding their way back to him. When author and illustrator Tamar Tessler was a little girl, her aunt would tell her the story of Abukacha and his shoes a story that had been told to her by her own Polish aunt, Fella. The plot was always different, but the problem remained the same Abukacha had the biggest shoes in the world, and he couldn t get rid of them matter what he did. Inspired by her husband, who refused to throw away a worn-out pair of shoes, Tessler wrote her own version of the story, and created art that incorporates her cherished family photos.
- Author Biography<b>Tamar Tessler</b> is an illustrator and graphic designer living in Tel Aviv. She is a graduate of the Ascola School of Design in Tel Aviv and the Sam Spiegel Film and TV School in Jerusalem, where she studied script writing. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Tamar Tessler
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Weight363 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.