All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume assembles a selection of papers presented at an international conference held in Pontigna, Siena, (14-16 June 2003). It discusses the concept of evaluation in academic discourse and the methodological tools most apt to investigate it. All contributions focus on a crucial dimension of academic communication: the epistemic and attitudinal assessment of content and the argumentative and metadiscourse devices used to interact with audiences of scholars or vices. The assembled contributions deal with theoretical and methodological issues including diverse academic genres ranging from written and oral texts. A report of the discussion on evaluation in academic texts concludes the volume.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gabriella Del Lungo Camiciotti is Professor of English and member of the Department of Linguistics of the University of Florence. Her key research interests include the pragmatic and discursive analysis of both narrative and academic/professional texts with special attention to the language of evaluation and intersubjective stance from a historical perspective. Her recent research focuses on both late medieval narratives and economics/business texts from the nineteenth century. Elena Tognini Bonelli is Professor of English Language in the Faculty of Economics, University of Siena, and Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Birmingham, U.K. Her main research interest lies in corpus linguistics both from a theoretical and an applied perspective. Her recent research focuses on the language of argumentation and evaluation in business and economics.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byElena Tognini Bonelli,Gabriella del Lungo Camiciotti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.