All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAcademic libraries have a long history both in the USA and China, with institutions developing along different trajectories, and responding to the rapidly changing library environment globally. Academic Libraries in the US and China compares current practices within Library and Information Science (LIS) in the USA and China, giving an historical overview of instruction, government documents, and outreach in academic libraries, as well as discussion and comparative analysis. An introduction leads to chapters on instruction, government publications, and outreach. Each topic is covered both for American and Chinese academic libraries. A conclusion then gives comparative analysis of US and Chinese academic libraries.
- Author BiographyHanrong Wang is a Professor and the Law & Technology Librarian at Jacksonville State University's Houston Cole Library. With more than a dozen years of experience in the field of library instruction and reference services, she has published scholarly articles on a wide range of topics in librarianship in academic journals. Hanrong has contributed numerous book chapters, with publications selected for presentation at a variety of international conferences Bethany Latham is an Associate Professor and Electronic Resources and Documents Librarian at Jacksonville State University's Houston Cole Library. In her capacity as Federal Depository Coordinator, she has over ten years of experience in the field of government documents librarianship, and her scholarly output includes numerous articles. Bethany has authored several LIS book chapters as well as a work of nonfiction, Elizabeth I in Film and Television. Bethany presents nationally on government documents and other LIS related topics.
- Author(s)Bethany Latham,Charlcie Pettway Vann,Hanrong Wang
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.