All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive overview of approaches to academic literacy instruction and their underpinning theories, as well as a synthesis of the debate on academic literacy over the past 20 years. The author argues that the main existing instructional models are inadequate to cater for diverse student populations, and proposes an inclusive practice approach which encourages institutional initiatives that make academic literacy instruction an integrated and accredited part of the curriculum. The book aims to raise awareness of existing invative literacy pedagogies and argues for the transformation of academic literacy instruction in all universities with diverse student populations.
- Author BiographyUrsula Wingate is Senior Lecturer in Language in Education at King's College London, UK. Her research interests include English language policies and practices and language teaching methodology. She is joint editor of the Language Learning Journal and on the editorial board of two journals on higher education.
- Author(s)Ursula Wingate
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight272 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.