All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionAfter 9/11, the Bush administration pressured universities to hand over faculty, staff and student work to be flagged for potential threats. This edited anthology brings together hard-hitting essays from prominent academics to address the pressing issue of whether academic freedom still exists in the American university system. As such, it addresses t only overt attacks on critical thinking, but also - following trends unfolding for decades - engages the broad socio-ecomic determinants of academic culture.
- Author BiographyAnthony J. Nocella II is completing his Ph.D. work at Syracuse University and is a Visiting Scholar of SUNY Cortland's Center for Ethics, Peace and Social Justice (CEPS). He teaches courses in Sociology and Criminology at Le Moyne College. He has published more than twenty-five scholarly articles and is working on his ninth book. Steven Best, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy at the University of Texas, El Paso. He is author and editor of 8 books and over 100 articles and reviews on cultural criticism and animal rights. He has appeared on TV shows and is frequently interviewed by national print and radio media including the New York Times. Peter McLaren, Ph.D. is Professor of Education, Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author, co-author, and editor of approximately forty books. His writings have been translated into twenty languages. Four of his books have received the American Education Studies Association Critics Choice Award for outstanding books in education.
- Author(s)Howard Zinn,Michael Parenti,Ward Churchill
- PublisherAK Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAK Press
- Weight810 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Nocella,Peter L. McLaren,Steven Best
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.