Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are t transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide. Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. For courses in Academic Vocabulary. This package includes MyReadingLab . Helps students build and use strong vocabularies Academic Vocabulary makes the study of vocabulary enjoyable. Through thematic readings, self-tests, and interactive exercises, students can apply their skills to writing, personal experience, art, and many other formats that generate excitement about improving their vocabularies. Each activity plays on individual learning styles to help students learn new words in a large number of contexts. The Sixth Edition retains the book s strong visual appeal, as well as its philosophy that an essential part of learning vocabulary is repeated exposure to a word. As a result, it provides eight to ten exposures to each vocabulary word throughout the text, plus additional instances in the review section and flash and word map activities throughout the book. With new readings and words, this edition of Academic Vocabulary offers greater exposure to a more diverse wordbase than ever before. Personalize learning with MyReadingLab MyReadingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them develop their reading skills and promotes transference of those skills to college-level work. Full-length readings and assignments from the text are available in the eText version of MyReadingLab, strengthening the connection between the classroom and work done outside of class. 0134445686 / 9780134445687 Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words Plus MyReadingLab - Access Card Package Package consists of: 0133995011 / 9780133995015 MyReadingLab with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card 0134119703 / 9780134119700 Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words
- Author BiographyAmy E. Olsen grew up in a book-loving household in San Diego, California. While in elementary school, she and her brother competed to read the most books during the library s summer-reading program, and whenever there was a question about a topic at the dinner table, a set of encyclopedias was within an arm s reach. She earned her Bachelor s and Master s degrees in English from San Diego State University. She has taught a variety of courses including reading, composition, film, and literature in traditional and online classrooms. Her interests include traveling, hiking, bicycling, reading, gardening, taking photographs, and watching movies. She enjoys combining these hobbies while exploring the world; she has visited every continent and dreams of eventually traveling to every country. She has written four textbooks: Reading Now, Interactive Vocabulary, Active Vocabulary, and Academic Vocabulary. The three vocabulary books came out in sixth editions in 2016.
- Author(s)Amy E Olsen
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight431 g
- Width211 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Edition Statement6th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.