All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary research into written academic discourse has become increasingly polarised between two approaches: corpus linguistics and discourse analysis. This volume presents a selection of recent work by experts in academic written discourse, and illustrates how corpus linguistics and discourse analysis can work as complementary approaches. The overall introduction sets the volume against the backdrop of current work in English for Academic Purposes, and introductions to the each section draw out connections between the chapters and put them into context. The contributors are experts in the field and they cover both vice and expert examples of EAP. The book ends with an afterword that provides an agenda-setting closing perspective on the future of EAP research. It will appeal to reserachers and postgrduates in applied linguistics, corpus linguistics, discourse analysis and EAP.
- Author BiographyMaggie Charles is Tutor for Academic Purposes at Oxford University Language Centre, Oxford, UK. Diane Pecorari is a Senior Lecturer and Coordinator of English in the Department of Humanities, Malardalen University, Sweden. Susan Hunstan is Professor of English Language at the University of Birmingham, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDiane Pecorari,Maggie Charles,Susan Hunstan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.