Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary research into written academic discourse has become increasingly polarised between two approaches: corpus linguistics and discourse analysis. This volume presents a selection of recent work by experts in academic written discourse, and illustrates how corpus linguistics and discourse analysis can work as complementary approaches. The overall introduction sets the volume against the backdrop of current work in English for Academic Purposes, and introductions to the each section draw out connections between the chapters and put them into context. The contributors are experts in the field and they cover both vice and expert examples of EAP. The book ends with an afterword that provides an agenda-setting closing perspective on the future of EAP research. It will appeal to reserachers and postgrduates in applied linguistics, corpus linguistics, discourse analysis and EAP.
- Author BiographySusan Hunston is Professor of English Language at the University of Birmingham, UK. Diane Pecorari is a Senior Lecturer and Coordinator of English in the Department of Modern Languages, Malardalen University, Sweden. Maggie Charles is Tutor in English for Academic Studies at Oxford University Language Centre, Oxford, UK.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDiane Pecorari,Maggie Charles,Susan Hunston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.