All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.41Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionAcademic and professional publishing represents a diverse communications industry rooted in the scholarly ecosystem, peer review, and added value products and services. Publishers in this field play a critical and trusted role, registering, certifying, disseminating and preserving kwledge across scientific, technical and medical (STM), humanities and social science disciplines. Academic and Professional Publishing draws together expert publishing professionals, to provide comprehensive insight into the key developments in the industry and the invative and multi-disciplinary approaches being applied to meet vel challenges. This book consists of 20 chapters covering what publishers do, how they work to add value and what the future may bring. Topics include: peer-review; the scholarly ecosystem; the digital revolution; publishing and communication strategies; business models and finances; editorial and production workflows; electronic publishing standards; citation and bibliometrics; user experience; sales, licensing and marketing; the evolving role of libraries; ethics and integrity; legal and copyright aspects; relationship management; the future of journal publishing; the impact of external forces; career development; and trust in academic and professional publishing. This book presents a comprehensive review of the integrated approach publishers take to support and improve communications within academic and professional publishing.
- Author BiographyRobert Campbell is Senior Publisher at Wiley-Blackwell Publishing and is Chair of the Publishing Research Consortium (PRC); he is also a former Chair of the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP), the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM) and CrossRef. Ed Pentz is Executive Director of CrossRef and is a board member of the Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) initiative, the International DOI Foundation and the UK Serials Group (UKSG). Ian Borthwick is a Portfolio Development Manager at IET Standards Limited, UK, and is the Under-35 STM board member serving from 2008 to 2014.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byEd Pentz,Ian Borthwick,Robert Campbell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.