All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionAcademics Going Public makes the case for academics to enter the public sphere and simultaneously gives them the tools to do so. This important book helps faculty members who want to become more active on a national scale and would like to move beyond publication in scholarly journals and books. Expert contributors explore how to have a voice about salient higher education issues and engage traditional media, new medias, policymakers, funders, and the general public. Chapters offer best approaches and concrete strategies for diverse audiences, helping faculty have an impact on society by becoming more publicly engaged and writing for broader audiences in more inclusive ways. This critical guide also covers strategies for confronting obstacles academics might encounter along the way and presents tactics for responding to controversy and backlash.
- Author BiographyMarybeth Gasman is Professor of Higher Education at the University of Pennsylvania and is Director of the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMarybeth Gasman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.