All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionAnne Butler has cooked up a delicious and delightful book once again! Far from ordinary, the Acadian Plantation Country Cookbook transports readers to the hauntingly beautiful plantations of the Atchafalaya Basin in southern Louisiana. With recipes like Catahoula crab cakes and stories about the rich heritage and culture of the Acadians, this book gives readers a historical, pictorial, and tastebud-tingling tour of Acadiana. Vintage photographs of the good ol days near the Bayou Teche lure readers and chefs alike into a unique world full of history and descriptions of the locations where Acadians still dwell. In prose that captures the essence of the culture, Butler presents sights and smellst to mention tastes!of this fascinating culture. Dishes like campstyle crawfish etouffee and pear-jalape marmalade are sure to delight the whole family. Butlers Audubon Plantation Country Cookbook, published in 2004, by Pelican, was named the best new cookbook of the year by Louisiana Life magazine, and without a doubt, this new culinary masterpiece is sure to follow in its shrimp-boot-clad footsteps!
- Author BiographyAnne Butler is a graduate of Sweet Briar College in Virginia, with an MA in English from Humboldt State in California, she has worked as a journalist, writer, and editor on both coasts. She is the author of a dozen books, including Bayou Plantation Country Cookbook and Weep for the Living, also published by Pelican. Butler operates a bed and breakfast at her family homestead, the historic Butler Greenwood Plantation, which has been in the family since the 1790s. She knows the areas virtues, vices, and how to make a good story out of both.
- Author(s)Anne Butler
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note211 sepia photos
- Weight1075 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.