Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book reconfigurable computing with FPGAs is discussed as an alternative to multi-core processing and graphics card accelerators. Instead of adjusting the application to the hardware, FPGAs allow the hardware to also be adjusted to the problem. Acceleration-of Biomedical Image Processing With FPGAs covers the transformation of image processing algorithms towards a system of deep pipelines that can be executed with very high parallelism. The transformation process is discussed from initial design decisions to working implementations. Two example applications from stochastic localization microscopy and electron tomography illustrate the approach further. Topics discussed in the book include: Reconfigurable hardware; Dataflow computing; Image processing; Application acceleration.
- Author BiographyFrederik Griill and Udo Kebschull, both Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany Short compute times are crucial for timely diagnostics in biomedical applications, but lead to a high demand in computing for new and improved imaging techniques.
- Author(s)Frederik Grull,Udo Kebschull
- PublisherRiver Publishers
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationGistrup
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintRiver Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.