Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost one hundred presentations from the 32nd annual Charleston Library Conference (held November 7-10, 2012) are included in this annual proceedings volume. Major themes of the meeting included alternative metrics for measuring impact, patron driven acquisition, Open Access mographs, the future of university presses, and techniques for minimising duplication and emphasising the unique in library collections. While the Charleston meeting remains a core one for acquisitions librarians in dialog with publishers and vendors, the breadth of coverage of this volume reflects the fact that this conference is w one of the major venues for leaders in the publishing and library communities to shape strategy and prepare for the future. Almost 1,500 delegates attended the 2012 meeting, ranging from the staff of small public library systems to the CEOs of major corporations. This fully indexed, copyedited volume provides a rich source for the latest evidence-based research and lessons from practice in a range of information science fields. The contributors are leaders in the library, publishing, and vendor communities.
- Author BiographyBeth R. Bernhardt is Electronic Resources Librarian at the Jackson Library, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA. Leah H. Hinds is Assistant Director of the Charleston Conference. Katina P. Strauch is Head of Collection Development at the Addlestone Library, College of Charleston, founder of the Charleston Conference, and editor of Against the Grain, the journal for libraries, publishers, and vendors, which is published six times a year.
- PublisherAgainst the Grain Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationCharleston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAgainst the Grain Press
- Edited byBeth R. Bernhardt,Katina P. Strauch,Leah H. Hinds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.