Access to History in Depth: Europe at War, 1939-45 by Graham Darby (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnsure your students have access to the authoritative and in-depth content of this popular and trusted A Level History series. For over twenty years Access to History has been providing students with reliable, engaging and accessible content on a wide range of topics. Each title in the series provides comprehensive coverage of different history topics on current AS and A2 level history specifications, alongside exam-style practice questions and tips to help students achieve their best. The series: - Ensures students gain a good understanding of the AS and A2 level history topics through an engaging, in-depth and up-to-date narrative, presented in an accessible way. - Aids revision of the key A level history topics and themes through frequent summary diagrams - Gives support with assessment, both through the books providing exam-style questions and tips for AQA, Edexcel and OCR A level history specifications and through FREE model answers with supporting commentary at Access to History online (www.accesstohistory.co.uk) Europe at War, 1939-45 This title provides coverage of one of the most costly and vicious conflicts in history, and assesses its impact upon Europe. The author charts the major military campaigns of the war, and analyses its social and ecomic effects on the countries involved, particularly Nazi Germany and the USSR. Important events and methods of fighting are given coverage, including Germany's military objectives and the Allied response, the impact of Blitzkrieg, the fall of both Poland and France, the Battle of Britain, and the subsequent turning of the tide with Allied victories in North Africa and the invasion of France. The Eastern Front and the closing events of the war from D-Day to the fall of Berlin are also fully examined, and in addition there are is coverage of life in Nazi-occupied Europe and the conduct of the war.
- Author BiographyGraham Darby was educated at the universities of Oxford, Cambridge and Hull. Now retired, he taught history at Millfield and King Edward VI Southampton. He is the author of ten books and over twenty five articles.
- Author(s)Graham Darby
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication28/11/2003
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAccess to History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Note7
- Weight184 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.