Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's rapidly changing techlogical world, it is increasingly important that web and desktop applications be accessible to everyone, including those of us with special needs. However, the legal requirements for accessibility are often convoluted and diffucult to understand, making it impossible for most developers to comply with the laws. In the first book on the market to address the topic, Author John Paul Mueller leads you through the maze of Section 508-the congressional law ensuring that all Americans have access to information techlogy-and offers comprehensive guidance on how to quickly and easily update your applications to conform to Section 508 requirements. To begin, Mueller outlines the Section 508 requirements that are relevant to web and desktop application developers, and explains the laws in language you can understand. Using extensive and varied program examples, Mueller continues on to teach you to write web and desktop applications that t only conform to Section 508 standards, but look forward to ensure long-term universal accessibility for all types of computer users. Specific topics include writing accessible web applications and desktop applications using Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET, developing special application capabilities, using Microsoft and other third-party tools to develop accessible features, developing accessible scripting solutions, and more. The book even includes a directory of helpful organizations, agencies, and resources to help you with any further accessibility concerns you may have.
- Author BiographyJohn Paul Mueller is a hands-on programmer and author who has written 56 books and over 200 articles on topics ranging from networking to artificial intelligence and from database management to heads-down programming. His books include Web Matrix Developer's Guide from Apress, several C# developer guides, a small business and home office networking guide, a book on SOAP, and Windows XP user guides. John has provided technical-editing services to more than 30 authors, as well as both Database Advisor and Coast Compute magazines. He has additionally contributed articles to SQL Server Professional, Visual C++ Developer, and Visual Basic Developer. He edits the .NET electronic newsletter for Pinnacle Publishing. Sign up for John's free newsletter, .NET Developer eXTRA, at http://www.freeenewsletters.com/. For updates and other book information, visit John's website at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.
- Author(s)John Paul Mueller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/10/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1060 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.